Announcement Number: Nairobi-2021-046
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
Position Title: Statistician - CDC (KISUMU)
Open Period: 04/29/2021 - 05/12/2021
The U.S. Mission in Nairobi is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Statistician for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Kisumu
- The incumbent reports to the CDC DGHT Surveillance and Epidemiology Branch Chief and provides a broad range of statistical, data management, and study quality oversight support to physicians, epidemiologists, behavioral scientists, and health service researchers working with projects led and supported by CDC-Kenya.
- Incumbent analyzes interprets statistical data and advises CDC DGHT personnel, DGHT Implementing Partner staff and National and County Government of Kenya HIV program staff on statistical interpretation and implications of the results for program planning and decision making.
- Incumbent provides statistical expertise as well as data management support for research, surveillance, and M&E projects.
- The incumbent also provides technical support for field data collection and study monitoring.
A Master’s degree in medical statistics or biostatistics or equivalent is required.
LANGUAGE: English Level IV (Fluent, Speaking/Reading/Writing) is required. (This may be tested).
Kiswahili Level III (Good, Speaking/Reading/Writing) is required.
Three years of mid-to senior-level experience working in data management, programming, or data analysis is required, with at least one year of experience working in a public health setting.
- Must have advanced level knowledge of one or more of the following statistical software: SAS, Stata, R; and training in biostatistics/medical statistics, computers, and data management.
- Must have the ability to assess the requirements of a project and determine the most efficient and timely statistical techniques and or any other statistical software.
- Must have Higher mathematical ability with a solid background in statistics and calculus of probability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applications to be submitted through the link before 12th May 2021 https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=wnjtaetrpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=23519&orgId=25