POSITION: REGIONAL SALES MANAGER – COAST
WORK STATION: COAST REGION (MOMBASA)
TERMS: ONE YEAR CONTRACT
REPORTS TO: NSM - NEW BUSINESS AND DISTRIBUTION
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for managing and delivering a wide range of Sales and Marketing strategies and initiatives to support the achievement of the business budgets on New and Renewal revenues.
- KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Meet 100% of company’s agreed business targets.
- Ensure average agents performance of 70% of business targets in the allocated Unit.
- Implement the Sales and Marketing strategies for the Unit 100%.
- Understanding of current and prospective clients and intermediaries and research on customer preferences to meet their needs.
- Planning and execution of AAR Sales and marketing events.
- Drive Cross-Selling of AAR products to achieve at least 10% growth in the Unit.
- Achieve at least 70% average product knowledge for agents.
- Identify and recommend process improvement areas within the unit.
- Developing and implementing solid business plan and laying strategies for acquisition of new business and retention of existing business.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships, oversee the marketing of Insurance products and services and ensure maximum sales and profitability.
- Contribute to the development of the business strategy and ensure the development and implementation of effective integrated marketing and communications plans which support the achievement of company objectives.
- Continually monitor the effectiveness of the integrated sales and marketing strategy and planned activities, providing and seeking feedback on the quality of delivery from and suggesting / implementing corrective action where appropriate.
- Ensure that marketing projects and plans are effectively defined to achieve alignment with overall business unit objectives as well as overall AAR marketing and communication strategy.
- Oversee the tendering business for the agents under you.
- Ensuring service queries for the signed up intermediaries and clients are well addressed and timely feedback provided.
- Planning and attending service meetings with clients in support of intermediaries.
- Ensure compliance with AAR and regulatory policy guidelines and recommending action where necessary in order to minimise risk.
- Manage the planning, budgeting and forecasting process of own teams spend and providing regular reporting to Regional Sales Manager where appropriate.
- Preparation and submission of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for the Unit.
- Any other roles as may be assigned by immediate supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a Business related course.
- Professional Marketing and Sales Certifications.
- At least 3 years of Practical Sales & Marketing or Business Relationship Management with proven performance track.
- Strong foundation of basic Insurance knowledge including understanding of underwriting, Insurance Market trends and statistics.
- Good understanding of Sales and Marketing e.g. Promotions, market research, product development and placement, PR & communication, social media etc
- ICT Competency,
- Good Interpersonal (people) Skills & Excellent organization skills.
- Team player with ability to communicate effectively, Pleasant personality, Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources,
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills,
- Leadership skills,
- Good time management,
Assertiveness and Self-drive, Speed and accuracy and the ability to work under pressure.
Applications should be submitted by 17th January 2021