Announcement Number: Nairobi-2021-024
Hiring Agency: Embassy Nairobi
Position Title: Painter - All Interested Applicants
Open Period: 01/11/2021 - 01/26/2021
The U.S. Mission in Nairobi is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of painter in Facility Management
The incumbent is employed as a journeyman level Painter to carry out skilled routine and preventative maintenance painting and preservation of interior walls, soffits, and exterior facades throughout the New Embassy Compound (NEC) functional/office buildings, on-compound ancillary support and residential buildings, recreational facilities, and other owned/leased properties.
Completion of secondary school is required.
Completion of a vocational training program from an accredited institution recognized as producing journeyman level Painters trained in the maintenance of commercial or industrial buildings/facilities is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working as a journey-level Painter in the repair and maintenance of commercial or industrial facilities is required. This to include Two years’ experience working with drywall/plasterboard installations.
- Should have a general knowledge of construction, maintenance, and safety procedures in work related areas.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of paints, solvents, and paint additives to include mixing paints to achieve special colors.
- Must have excellent knowledge of all types of finishes including plastering, paint, and specialty finishes.
- Must be able to select the appropriate product choice for a multitude of different environments applied to a multitude of different materials.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of all carpentry and painting tools and equipment.
- Must be able to use a computer; to include MS Word and Outlook, and able to write e-mails.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to respond to urgent situations in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs; work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, on ladders at various heights, and in temperature extremes, indoors or outdoors to complete work assignments.
- Must be able to safely use all job-related tools, equipment, and materials under their control in the performance of their job.
All interested applicants submit applications through the link before 26th January 2021 //erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=nlvfnkznpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=20616&orgId=25\