Job Title: MEDICAL OFFICER
Reports to: MEDICAL OFFICER INCHARGE
Job Purpose: The job holder will be primarily responsible for providing quality clinical services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and providing appropriate medical and surgical care to patients;
- Managing clients for reproductive health both in the inpatient and outpatient;
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations and treatment;
- Examining and talking to patients to diagnose their medical conditions;
- Making notes and preparing paperwork, both as a legal record of treatment and for the benefit of other healthcare professionals;
- Coordinate and discuss planned care with the patient and other team professionals as appropriate;
- Coordinating and managing emergency patients in the inpatient and outpatient and ensuring client referral is effective;
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with all staff and patients and ensure clients have a good customer experience.
- Ensure that patients are kept fully informed of and understand all procedures and treatments to be undertaken. Informed Consent will be obtained from patients in accordance with Neema Hospital policy.
- Provide advice to patients regarding healthy lifestyles and specific measures that may help the patient avoid a recurrence of ill health;
- Assist in Continuous Medical Education for clinical staff in the facility;
- Provide timely feedback to the team on any gaps identified in the comprehensive treatment cycle.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to providing high-quality care and excellence.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems is a key competence.
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized university college with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- A valid active practicing license from the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Position holder should have at least 2 years of experience working as a licensed Medical Officer in a busy hospital.
- Neonatal/Paediatric or reproductive health experience is an added advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
If you meet the above requirement, kindly send your application letter and C.V to [email protected]on or before 8th July 2022.