Neema hospital Kahawa Sukari is a Mission level 4 hospital located along Thika Superhighway, exit 10 (opposite Kenyatta University). The hospital’s mission is to construct, equip and operate a hospital that offers quality, affordable and sustainable health services
The role of this position is to ensure that the patient experience is of the highest quality inspiring patient and public confidence. The post holder will be expected to be a specialist (midwifery) in their clinical area and support the running of operations in the in-patient wards.
The position will report directly to the Medical Officer Incharge for clinical matters and to the Administration Manager on hospital administrative matters.
This role plays an important part in effective clinical teamwork and is responsible for high-quality frontline service delivery to our clients. Through strong clinical leadership, the Matron will support Neema Hospital to promote excellence in obstetrics and gynaecology, nursing and midwifery.
The post holder will ensure that all clients are treated with compassion, dignity and respect placing value on the diversity of the local community and beyond. She will promote best practice in the prevention of infection through ensuring a clean and safe environment.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of all affairs of the nursing department to enable better performance.
- Overall leadership of the nursing department with good management, leadership, and administrative skills to avoid any arising issues.
- Development, coordination, and execution of the continuous evaluation of nursing service objectives, policies and procedures to maintain continuity of quality nursing care.
- Uphold highest professional standards and excellent customer service.
- Ensuring that the patients are safe in the hospital and have access to the right medical care and other hospital facilities.
- Offer the best insights to the management on how they can improve the quality of care in the facility.
- Work closely with the hospital management to ensure the smooth running of the hospital.
- KRCHN / KRN and Midwifery.
- Higher Diploma in Nursing
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Experience in a teaching hospital will be an added advantage
- 5 years experience in senior management.
- Dedication and excellence at work
If you are interested in the position and meet the above requirements, kindly send your application together with a detailed CV, testimonials and certified copies of your original certificates to:
Applications should be received on or before 27th January 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.