Reports to:Human Resource Manager
Main Purpose & Scope the Job
The Human Resource Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties with Ankole Grill Policies, Procedures and Standards laid out by Management to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintains all records management systems and verifies that they are accurate and current by reviewing and interpreting each document, deciding on the most logical and accessible place to file and classify each document, maintaining the record index for each system, and inserting documents into the appropriate record.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintaining up to date file systems in the department and tract file movement out of department for accountability.
- Perform a wide variety of responsible clerical, administrative, and office support duties in support of the HR Department
- Provide customer service and respond to Human Resource related queries, both in-person and by telephone from employees and external customers.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources Department; compose and type letters, memoranda, and other correspondence related to human resources programs and activities
- Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
- Maintain eligible candidate lists; provide names of eligible to department representatives upon appropriately approved requests, and coordinate the recruitment in liaison with the HOD.
- Process new hires and terminations, including paperwork payroll, and benefits.
- Process Human Resource action forms and maintain Human Resource records to ensure appropriate actions
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation
- Explain general terms and conditions of employment to employees and explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees
- Assist with new employee processing and orientation
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to Human Resource activities.
- Handling external or internal communication.
- Organizing, arranging and coordinating meetings.
- Sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing post.
- Collation and distribution of minutes, reports and other documents.
- Timely renewal of Company licenses, insurance policies, Work Permits, Business permits etc.
- Ensuring all Company licenses required are valid and displayed in the restaurant.
- Keeping up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the organization.
*In addition to the above, the Human Resource Assistant may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
- Bachelor of Commerce; Human Resource Management; Business Administration; Bachelors of Arts Degree in Social Sciences from a recognized university or its equivalent
- A higher diploma in Human Resources Management and/or CHRP qualifications are an added advantage
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role in the Hospitality industry
- Basic understanding of human resource principles and procedures
- Familiarity with Kenya labour laws;
- Knowledge of all related computer applications
- Understanding of human resource reporting and recordkeeping
- Ability to work in a team oriented atmosphere
- Ability to be attentive to detail
- Ability to foster a conducive working environment through positive employee relations and communication.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and meet all deadlines with all paperwork.
- Excellent communications and public relations abilities
- Strong typing and computer application skills
- Ability to assist and support other
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer skills – MS Word, Excel and Microsoft packages
- A strong team player and committed to diversity, equal opportunity, and capacity building.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- 1-year Fixed Term Contract (renewable on satisfactory performance)
- 6 month paid probationary period
- Gross Salary- Kes 30,000 Gross
- Applications should be submitted by 23rd January 2022.Shortlisting will be conducted on a CV roll in basis