Our client a reputable restaurant in Kikiyu-Nairobi is looking for a Head Chef
The Chef will ensure the overall quality and profitability of the Kitchen; making sure that all culinary systems function efficiently for customer satisfaction; the business achieves budgeted profit levels; management of other cooks, creating menu items and determining food inventory needs
- Planning and directing food preparation and all culinary activities.
- Ensuring consistent food preparation and the highest caliber of food presentation.
- Checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ordering inventory of food products for the preparation and operation, of an efficiently run kitchen.
- Training and developing all kitchen staff, providing input for their performance, conducting their appraisals and taking the disciplinary measures according to the values and guidelines of the organization.
- Ensuring that the morale of the kitchen staff is maintained by practicing positive strategies to motivate staff, encourage self-esteem and efficiency.
- Complying and maintaining of laws relating to food service establishments including but not limited to nutrition, sanitation, safety, employment law, fire, and health code regulations.
- Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen and storerooms.
- Ensuring the correct maintenance and use of all Kitchen equipment.
- Maintaining complete knowledge of and complying with all departmental policies/ procedures/standards and continually training incoming and current kitchen staff.
- Implementing measures to minimize food costs; exercising portion control for all items served and working with the Food & Beverage controller in establishing menu selling prices.
- Ensuring strict adherence to the restaurant's recipes as per the set standards.
- Creation of weekly schedules ensuring maintenance of adequate staffing levels to meet business demands and maintaining staff budgeting.
- Arranging for equipment purchases and repairs
- Performing administrative duties as needed.
- Any other duties that the management may deem necessary.
- Diploma in Culinary Science from a reputable institution
- HACCP and hygiene training
- 5 years’ food preparation experience, preferably in a high-volume restaurant.
- Prior experience working as a sous chef or head chef will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Good leadership and team building skills.
- Knowledge of current food trends and best practices.
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness
- Capable of effectively & efficiently delegating multiple tasks.
- Analytical skills
- Ability to handle challenging situations and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- All applications should be submitted by 24th October 2021