We seek to hire an experienced Accountant who will be tasked with the day to day accounts operations matters and ensuring the company’s compliance with accounting standards and practices. He/She must possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Supplier ledger Management - Supplier ledger reconciliation, Verify supplier documents to ensure accuracy, Keys in and files supplier invoices alphabetically for easier retrieval, Proposes Supplier Write backs
- Supplier Engagement - Ensure that all suppliers have contract engagements that detail all the terms and the way to trade as partners, clauses are clear and favor the company.
- Supplier correspondence - Prepare and pays supplier invoices and issue as per credit terms, Makes supplier visits to create rapport and ensures that complaints regarding reconciliations and payments are resolved.
- Inventory management - Carry out spot checks and end month stock takes to ensure goods as per the books tally with physical stocks and resolve any discrepancies, Identify slow moving and obsolete stock and seek for advice and or approval on the treatment of obsolete stock.
- Fixed asset Management - Fixed asset register verification and audit to ensure that all assets are captured in the register, To ensure that the fixed assets are all coded and are seating in the right department and owner, To ensure maintenance schedules are followed by the user department to avoids to down times, Take part in asset costing and valuation to aid in either reselling, disposal or upgrading and for insurance purposes, Tabulate depreciation for purposes of maintaining accurate values in asset books.
- Statutory management -Ensure that all statutory filing (VAT, withholding VAT, installment taxes, KEBS levy etc.) are remitted on time.
- Annual External Audit. Participate in the annual external audit by retrieving required information to ensure audit completeness.
- Report writing - Weekly reports creditors, spot check, monthly reports on fuel efficiency, stock take & compliance report annually.
- Ensure timely reconciliations of all bank accounts.
- Handle company Insurance policies and claims process
- Assist in annual budgeting process
- Maintain control of the following areas; General ledger, expense report, billing and payroll
- Custodian of the general ledger. Need to perform frequent reviews on the general ledger, interrogate the various entries in the GL and ensure they are investigated and corrective actions taken.
- Managing all phases of accounts payable/receivable
- Reviewing the accounts receivable (A/R) ageing reports on a daily basis
- Checking customers’ credit ratings and flagging long outstanding or defaulter accounts
- Any other responsibility assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum academic qualification: BBA/BCOM – Finance/Accounting option
- Qualifications as an added advantage: CPA (K), CFA, ACCA, CA, or equivalent
- Professional registration: ICPAK
- Computer literacy and experience with an ERP
- General work experience (years): 4
- Industry: Manufacturing
- An analytical mind Decision-making skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally
- High on initiative and ability to manage ambiguity
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Skilled in strategy and business development
- Strong organizing & planning skills
All applications to be submitted before 21 November 2021 to [email protected] with the subject as APPLICATION FOR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT POSITION