A four-star hotel based in Embu seeks to hire a dedicated, experienced and highly talented hospitality professional to fill the position of Executive Chef.
Responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets.
Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff.
Develop and monitor the food and labour budget for the department.
Maintain the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities.
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards.
- Estimate food requirements and food/labor costs.
- Supervise kitchen staff’s activities.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Recruit and manage kitchen staff.
- Rectify arising problems or complaints.
- Give prepared plates the “final touch”
- Perform administrative duties.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Keep time and payroll records.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate.
- Proven working experience as a Head Chef.
- Excellent record of kitchen management.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
Competencies & Interpersonal Skills
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices.
- People management skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Supervision and managerial skills.
- Team development abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
If you meet the criteria set above, please send your application to [email protected] quoting “EXECUTIVE CHEF” on the email subject line.
Please quote your current and expected salary on your application.
Only shortlisted and candidates of interest will be contacted.
All applications to be submitted before 4th November 2021