Neema hospital (Kahawa Sukari) is pleased to announce the recruitment of a Community Oral Health Officer (COHO). The position is responsible for providing dental treatment and hygiene to prevent dental decay by examining, treating, and cleaning patients’ teeth and providing education on how to care for teeth and gums, and the effects of diet on oral health. The successful candidate will be working with the dentist.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment
- Prepare treatment rooms, instruments, and tray setups for dental procedures
- Conduct authorized dental procedures including cleaning and scaling
- Maintain high-quality oral health by providing oral health education, screening, preventive and clinical dental services, and referrals.
- Record medical and dental history of dental patients
- Ensure availability of instruments, supplies, and equipment for the department
- Diagnose and treat common dental conditions and refer ta o dentist for further review
- Analyze patient’s dental x-rays, evaluate history and review dental charting
- Undertake general treatment and care for teeth and tissue problems using specified equipment and tools and establish dental hygiene procedures
- Perform authorized dental procedures including cleaning teeth, removing plagues, replacing missing teeth, filling cavities, rebuilding broken teeth, and removing severely damaged teeth in a safe and sterile environment while providing quality dental experience during the procedure.
- Diploma in community oral health from a recognized institution
- Minimum of at least TWO YEARS of verifiable professional experience
- Registered by the Kenya Dental Technologist Board
- Good communication and professional skills
- Excellent computer skills
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send their application accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae
(CV) to [email protected] on or before 8th JuLY 2022.